Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Kaylee's Developments

Kaylee is such a beautiful angel. She has very strong legs and loves to kick them. She has great rollover skills and can very quickly roll from back to stomach. She holds herself up and can scootch along pretty quickly. She should be crawling in no time. She also has great grasping skills. I dare you to try and get something (rice cracker in particular) out of her hand. She is very alert and follows your movement intently.

She is teething and has her 2 front bottom teeth coming in. Poor baby. We haven't given her anything as we don't know how she'd react and want to wait until our pediatrician can give her a check-up next week. We have had to sooth her and comfort her as best we can and of course give her lots of kisses. She also has VERY sensitive skin and is on hypo-allegenic formula. She has a lot of mosquito bites on her face from her stay at the orphanage and scratched some of them and they became infected. She has some medication for her face, which we apply twice daily, but the trick is to try to keep her from rubbing and scratching her face.

Her personality has started to come out and she smiles a lot and almost giggles. I expect to see that more and more once we are home. She hates baths and Troy and I had the most traumatic experience bathing her for the first time last night. It about broke my heart.

She doesn't like the rice cereal flavor I brought for her and makes the funniest faces when you try to feed it to her. I've attached one of my favorites.

She is a wonderful traveler and so patient. She has already been on a plane, taxi, subway and bus. She fits into our family perfectly. I cannot wait for everyone to meet her and I keep telling her there's a whole lot more love waiting for her in America.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I love that pucker face.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. she sure knows how to communicate her dislikes to her mama..lol.. so cute!
Congratulations!!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

HA HA I love that face. The carrier seems really snuggly too...