Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Night Market



Tuesday night we took a cab to the Shihlin Night Market. It is streets and streets of shops and vendors with all kinds of clothes and trinkets and is very crowded. I had Kaylee in my hotsling, so she was protected from the crowds and nice and warm and safe as a bug next to me.

I'm sure many of you have seen the street vendors in various cities and how they scatter when the police come. Usually the vendor has his wares spread out on a sheet or large plastic bag and when the authorities are nearby gather everything up and run. Boy what a difference it makes when the vendor has a whole cart of wares. One minute I'm talking to him about a beautiful blouse I want to buy and the next he and the cart are running away from me shouting police.

The Night Market was ok. We were afraid to eat any of the many interesting things the street vendors were selling based on warnings from Sally and others. The shops become overwhelming after a while. We did buy 2 gorgeous chinese outfits for Kaylee. One for this year's Chinese New Year Celebration and another that should fit her in a few years.

No comments: